10 July 2006

from the dining room

Oh Paula!
Aside from being greeted by a mug filled with bluegreen mold, our first meeting at CASBS was hilarious. At one point she was trying to describe the new trend of looking at the intersections of race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, etc., and how each permutation demands its own place in academia. And then it struck me that Paula would be great pals with Govind - she started waving her hands around and semi-ironically demanded to know what we should do about the paraplegic, lesbian, black, immigrant...

for Paula's lit review, i have had to email ritch savin-williams, a famous psychologist interested in gay adolescence; rebecca plante, who is apparently interested in microsociology *shrug*; and verta tayor, who looks like this:



Also, in our most recent meeting Paula told me that a woman who knows what she's doing can cause herself to orgasm in under four minutes....

Interactions
So, i went out to the clubs with my ballerina friend the monday before the fourth. I had several amusing interactions:

While i was waiting for the ballerina,
  • Someone stopped to say hi because apparently i "just looked so sad!!!" - how ridiculous =), "that's just my face a rest!" i exclaimed. Then,
  • I witnessed two women firmly making out while they both clutched the same smallish pizza box, go (pre)figure. Then,
  • Someone said my hair was "so cute," - inappropriate, my hair is not cute.
While at the club,
  • An older man kept trying to buy me a drink, but i emphatically declined (over and over). When i said i needed to go, he pulled me closer and ran his fingers lustily through the back of my hair...
  • I was bumped while holding a drink and spilled a little bit onto a woman's flesh - she was very large and wore a tube top. She screamed "BITCH." I ran.
  • A shirtless man (SM) grabbed my hand and started rubbing it all over his chest. The conversation went as follows:
B: Umm, no thank you (I pull my hand away).
SM: whatru gonna do, jack off??? youre gonna go home and jack off.
B: Not right now thank you.
SM: (he grabs my hand and starts rubbing it on himself again)
B: NO THANK YOU (and a rip my hand away)
SM: it's okay, it's OKAY, I DONT CARE WHAT YOU DO, ITS FINE BY ME, (makes an UGGG noise)
SM: IM JUST TRYING TO BE FRIENDLY!!!
END
  • While waiting for a cab outside, someone called out to me. It was this guy I had seen in line while waiting to get into the club. (While in line, I had thought, he was quite the sexy beast - just something about his square features.) I replied, "Oh hi" - he's an el suavesito, thin white dress shirt buttoned nearly all the way down, a small chain necklace, light hair on his chest, a small sharp tattoo on his prominent peck. "Where you from?" "Oh, well I'm originally from San Dieg..." "Welcome. You should come out more. My name's Jesus, what's yours?" "Brian." Now he's looking in my eyes and holding both my hands. I dont know if anything else was said, but we just stood there for a few moments while he recreated a cheesy romance scene. Unfortunately, there were no flocks of white doves, or crashing waves with spray - but there was the tell tale cab what would separate him and me. He pulled me closer as I had to leave and gently brushed my hair out of my eyes. So much melodrama, and so little interest on my part. The cab cost $12 before tip to get me home; where's Jesus when you need him?

Team (1)776*
On the 4th of July, my roommates and i went to Mission Dolores park to play boggle. They had independently dressed modestly in red, white, and blue in the morning, and decided to go to the park dressed as such...i borrowed Cara's white belt (apparently it's a mens belt from japan) and put on red and white shirts to match them. We ran into a queer friend of theirs who had no interest in interacting with me - "oh hi *ignore*" (perhaps he could sense my unfair bias against blond men decked in designer jeans). But it was alright; he had a dog that looked like a miniature pony with fangs.
Brianna...........Brian.............Cara

My longest word was
QUARTET
*776 is my street address

1 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Blogger my nice geisha said...

I suppose Jesus was busy preparing the whitespraying waves (except unlike most miracles your co-operation would be required)!

And you all match in the photo--it's communal cuteness to die for!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home