25 July 2006

the only way to go is up

If you start shitty, it only leaves room for improvement.

Dearest HK'sRim -- this is arguably the most important thing I learned from SLE.

Over the weekend I discovered possibly the cheapest way to get a gourmet-tasting meal.

Instructions:
1. Go on a 200K bike tour. And for the duration of the trip, subsist on plastic-bottle flavored water, gummy bears and a loaf of whole grain bread.
2. When you are finished, eat anything. I guarantee, it will taste amazing.


Aside from biking as fast as I could away from Berlin, an adventure which involved roads of every surface quality imaginable (paved, potholed, dirt, gravelly, cobblestone, brick, wood and bridge), old towns (circa 1150 AD, comlete with old brick watchtowers), camping outdoors (along with a swarm of vengeful mosquitoes that attacked every inch of skin I left uncovered), and a futile search for the mythical McDonald's in our final destination of Lübbenau (I wanted dearly to taste a "gourmet" Big Mac), I haven't done anything out of the ordinary. I amuse myself with cooking, facebook and flea markets.

It recently came to my attention that in addition to being recognized (mistakenly) as a vegetarian, I am often also assumed to know how to cut hair (hitherto also false). All this changed today when I trimmed my own bangs in a vaguely trendy way and to my glee came away looking decent. Let the public be advised that they are permitted to begin queuing up for haircuts, effective immediately. I will be filling orders when I return in Sept.

liebe Grüße aus Berlin,

<3 bee hookup

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home